We would like to welcome you to our practice and are pleased that you have chosen us for your foot & ankle care. We provide a relaxed environment and caring staff to help meet your medical needs. Your first visit to Virginia Foot & Ankle Surgical Associates establishes a vital foundation for our relationship. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important information, such as a detailed account of your current complaint and medical history. We encourage you to ask all questions you may have and give you time to get to know your surgeon. To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, policies and more. Also, there is background information about our surgeons and a comprehensive patient educational section including a video library. You can save time by printing and completing the patient forms in preparation for your appointment.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in foot & ankle care.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession and community
- Exceed your expectations
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels
Please arrive at our office fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled visit in order to complete your registration and medical forms. For your convenience, these forms can be downloaded and completed prior to your visit.
- Patient Registration (Please bring to appointment)
- Medical History (Please bring to appointment)
- Authorization to Treat a Minor Form (Please bring to appointment if applicable)
- Request of Medical Records
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
What to expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
On Your First Visit
Please remember to bring your completed forms, located here, to expedite your check-in process. Here is a list of items to bring with you for your first visit:
- Photo ID or driver's license
- Health insurance or Medicare cards
- List of all current medications
- List of all allergies
- If available, any diagnostic studies that have been performed for your current foot and ankle problem (i.e., blood tests, x-rays, bone scans, CT scans, MRIs, etc.)
Our practice offers state-of-the-art technology to help serve you better including:
- Fully computerized system and electronic insurance claim submission
- Digital x-rays
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- Integrated local hospital database system
- Musculoskeltal Laser Treatment
- Dermatologic Laser Treatment